Who may apply?
The guarantee can be issued to an investor that wants to invest in a subsidiary abroad, or to a lender that provides a loan for the same investment.
What does the guarantee cover?
- The guarantee applies only to political risk, typically such risks as expropriation, civil unrest, new foreign exchange restrictions.
- The guarantee is therefore relevant in countries with a high degree of political turmoil and little predictability.
- GIEK may, after a detailed risk assessment, guarantee up to 90 per cent of the investment or loan.
- Guarantee coverage may be provided for up to 20 years.
How does the guarantee work?
Investment guarantee for equity
Investment guarantee for loan
How much does it cost?
GIEK tar en premie ved utstedelse av garanti. Premien fastsettes ut fra:
- Nedbetalingstid på lånet.
- Politiske forhold i kjøpers land: GIEK vurderer hvor stor risikoen er for at det kan oppstå politisk urolighet i utenlandsk kjøpers land.
Apply here: Investment guarantee application form.
Do you want to be prepared before you begin the application process?
We have collected all the questions you will get during the application process:
FAQ about the application forms.